How to change Google Authenticator name?
In Standard/ Premium Plugin
- Search for the miniOrange 2-Factor plugin and click on Login Settings.
- Search Change name in Google Authenticator App feature in the Login Settings tab.
This feature having two checkboxes:
● Set up By Administrator: When this option is enabled, Administrator is able to change the Google Authenticator name and it will be the same for all the users.
● Set up By Users: When this option is enabled, users will able to change Google Authenticator name for their respective account.
Selecting Set up By Administrator:
- Step 1: The checkbox of Set up By Administrator is enabled by default.
- Step 2: Now, the Administrator can able to change the name in Google Authenticator App. Here, we have edit name in Google Authenticator and change it with miniOrange.
- Step 3: Click on the Save Settings.
Selecting Set up By User:
When this check box is enabled by the Administrator then users will able to edit the name in Google Authenticator for themselves.
- Step 1:Then select Set up by User and then click on the Save Settings.
Now when the user logs into their account, they can easily edit the name in Google Authenticator while setup of Two Factor authentication method: Google Authenticator.
Now, After scanning Google Authenticator QR code you can see an edited name in Google Authenticator Application.