Evolution Gaming develops, produces, markets and licenses fully-integrated B2B Live Casino solutions to gaming operators. The company was founded in 2006 and is a leading provider of Live Casino solutions.
Being an online gaming company, the user registrations rate in Evolution Gaming is very high. As a result, their user count threshold for Jira license is reached frequently. They store and manage their users in Okta. So they needed auto deactivation and activation of a user in the Jira server whenever the operation is performed in Okta in order to manage the user limit.
Solution provided by miniOrange :
miniOrange has provided a solution that automatically activates/deactivates a user in both JIRA and Confluence when the user is activated/deactivated in Okta. miniOrange has achieved this by introducing an Okta API based user provisioning solution for Atlassian applications (JIRA and Confluence) to existing SSO plugins. Here, the Atlassian application sends an authenticated get request to Okta to fetch the user information and based on the response received, the user information is updated in JIRA and Confluence.
The request for user information is sent regularly after a certain time interval. This means that the changes in Okta will be regularly updated in both JIRA and Confluence. So now JIRA or Confluence administrators don’t need to manually update the users.
For example, if a user A is deactivated in Okta then A will get deactivated in both JIRA and Confluence automatically and Atlassian admins don’t need to manually perform same user operations in JIRA and Confluence.
Along with this miniOrange provides Just In Time user provisioning, where users’ information is also updated on each sign in.
Benefits of using miniOrange’s user provisioning and SSO solution:
- Ease of Managing Users: User operations have to be performed only in the Identity Provider for the changes to be carried over to the service provider. So the administrator does not need to manage users in multiple places.
- Easy to Control user limit: Using this solution, it is easy to manage the user limit for the service provider license.
- Saves admin’s time: This solution saves administrator’s time in managing users allowing them to focus their time on something else.
- Cost-effective: As this solution manages the user limit for the service provider license, there is no need to buy a higher user tier license.
- Ease of Access: For the end-users, it reduces the responsibility of managing multiple sets of usernames and passwords.
Follow the link to learn how to Setup SAML SSO between Okta and Jira .
Follow the link to learn how to Setup SAML SSO between Okta and Confluence .
If you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Single Sign On (SSO).