Readdle is a Ukrainian mobile application development company. The operation is mostly built around the App Store, cumulatively generating over 100 million downloads. The company’s two main products are PDF Expert and Spark.
Use Case: User Sync for JIRA to GSuite
Readdle Atlassian team were looking for a solution to manage user creation, updation, activation and deactivation from G Suite and if user is not found in G Suite or marked as suspended then the user should be deactivated in Jira. Without miniOrange’s solution they would have to manage all the users manually. One of their major concerns was deactivation of the Project Lead in JIRA. In this case, the existing Project Lead should be replaced by System Admin as the lead and only then should the user be deactivated.
Solution that miniOrange provided:
miniOrange has achieved the solution by using existing JIRA SAML SSO plugin for creating and updating user information with Just-in-Time provisioning. To activate and deactivate users, we added an API based user provisioning solution for G Suite to existing SSO. In this, the information is fetched from G Suite into JIRA for performing create, update, activate and deactivate actions. The user sync system makes sure only the active users are using the applications at all times. With this we also provided a condition that if any user to be deactivated is a Project Lead of any Project in JIRA then all the permissions will be first revoked from that user and the System Admin will be assigned as Project Lead and only then the user will be deactivated.
Benefits of using miniOrange’s user provisioning and SSO solution:
- Ease of User Management : Any user created, updated, activated and deactivated in the G Suite, are synced to JIRA. And the user sync system makes sure only the active users are using the applications at all times.
- Easy to Control user limit: Using this solution, it is easy to manage the user limit for the service provider license.
- Saves admin’s time: This solution saves administrator’s time in managing users allowing them to focus their time on something else.
- Cost-effective: As this solution manages the user limit for the service provider license, there is no need to buy a higher user tier license.
- Ease of Access : For the end users, the SSO reduces the responsibility of managing multiple sets of usernames and passwords for different applications and lets them log in with one set of credentials.