Pharmaregs is a Multi-State License Service for the Pharmaceutical Industry. They are
- Wholesale Distributors and Manufacturers of Prescription and OTC Drugs and Devices
- Medical Device Distributors and Manufacturers
Pharmaregs has multiple applications like Freshdesk, Fileshare, Smartsheet and their own portal where apps list of other apps is available to be accessed. His clients first access the customer portal and then access other apps from the portal’s app dashboard.
Freshdesk – An online cloud-based customer service software providing helpdesk support with all smart automations to get things done faster.
Fileshare – ownCloud offers an enterprise fileshare solution that allows users to access company files on any device, anytime, from anywhere.
Smartsheet – It is a software as a service application for collaboration and work management. It is used to assign tasks, track project progress, manage calendars, share documents, and manage other work. It has a spreadsheet-like user interface.
How miniOrange Single Sign-On (SSO) service works for Pharmaregs?
miniOrange has provided Pharmaregs a centralized single sign-on solution for their portal as well as other apps. We have deployed a PHP SAML connector for their customer portal site to enable single sign-on and integrated IDP-initiated SSO via miniorange from their customer portal app dashboard for sso into other apps like Smartsheet, Freshservice, and Fileshare.
We also have deployed role specific page access to users on their site and customizations to map unique smartsheet published URLs to each user/group of users.
Advantages of using miniOrange Single Sign-On (SSO) Service –
- Ease Of Access- For the end users, it reduces the responsibility of managing multiple sets of usernames and passwords for different apps.
- Manage Users and Groups/Member Firms from a central place- It offers simple and user-friendly UI Interface for user/group management through a single platform for add/update a user/group and controlling user/group rights. All user/group operations are synced from miniOrange admin dashboard to apps.
- Easy to Extend- If your apps grow in future,which needs SSO (either SAML based or non-SAML based), then miniOrange cloud SSO service have ready-made connectors for it.
- Cost effective- This solution saves them a huge amount of cost of hosting provider,load balanced servers,setting up auto-backup and disaster recovery mechanism for an on-premise idp and its maintenance cost.